2020 Fundamentals of PowerTax - Virtual
This course goes through a systematic approach for processing the cycle of tax compliance using PowerTax. There is an emphasis on controls and data/system integrity as well as using the system effectively. The book to tax processing is discussed, including data from the Tax Repairs module.
- Data Organization and Navigation
- Maintaining Tax Accounts
- Calculating Tax Basis, Depreciation and Gain/Loss
- Pre-Processing Issues
- Effective Use of Cases
- Preparing Cases for New Activity
- Loading Activity Using Interfaces
- Loading Activity Using Import Tool
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Operate and navigate PowerTax
- Demonstrate understanding of PowerTax and the systems capabilities
- Demonstrate understanding of PowerTax data and data organization
- Demonstrate the ability to incorporate new activity into the system
- Review data and verify results
New users/managers of the system who require an understanding of depreciation functionality and the overall use of the PowerTax Software.
Prerequisites: Familiarity with tax depreciation concepts.
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Live presented on line due to COVID-19
Class sessions will be held each day from 10:00am - 3:00pm (EDT) with a one hour break for lunch from 12:00pm - 1:00pm (EDT).
CPE Credits = 16 credits possible (Tax-Technical)
For information regarding refund, complaint, and/or program cancellation policies please visit our website
PowerPlan is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website www.nasbaregistry.org. PowerPlan’s NASBA Sponsor Number is 105404